Leave a lasting Legacy
You can provide hope and support to people affected by lung disease in Nova Scotia. Please consider providing a planned gift to the Lung Association of Nova Scotia. There are many advantages of making a planned gift, such as:
- Tax advantages under current laws.
- Your giving can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances.
- Donation is made from assets, not current income.
- Gifts are planned today for distribution as some time in the future.
- Most of the gifts involve planning, however they are easy to arrange with your financial or estate advisor.
- There are a variety of ways to give a gift, they include:
- Publicly Traded Securities – a way to make an immediate gift and eliminate capital gains tax owed
- Bequests – an easy way to reduce estate taxes and may increase inheritances to your loved ones
- Registered Assets – another way to significantly reduce the taxes owed by your estate
- Life Insurance – leverage the premium payments made today into a larger lasting legacy
- Annuities – a method to potentially increase your income and reduce taxes
Please let us know if you have provided for The Lung Association of Nova Scotia in your estate plans or partnered with The Lung Association to establish life-income or annuity gifts. Your personal circumstances will determine the best structure for you and your family and we will be glad to answer questions and offer suggestions confidentially.
The information on this web site is intended to provide accurate information regarding planned giving at The Lung Association, but is not intended as legal, accounting, tax, investment, or other professional advice. If such advice is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.