QuitNS is a FREE online program offered by the Lung Association of Nova Scotia to help Nova Scotians quit smoking. It's the first-of-its-kind program available in Nova Scotia. You can join from the comfort of your home and receive free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) patches and gum/lozenges mailed to your address.
What will you receive if you are eligible for the program?
- Free quit smoking medication for 4 weeks of treatment mailed to you within ~2 weeks of enrollment
Is QuitNS the right program for you? To qualify, you need to be:
- A resident of Nova Scotia
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently smoke cigarettes
- Willing to make a quit attempt within 30 days of enrollment
- Have a mailing address in Nova Scotia (to receive the NRT package)
- Must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not have a generalized skin disorder
- Do not have known hypersensitivity or allergy to nicotine or adhesives
We have had an overwhelming response to our new program and registrations have completely filled up! We are working to make more spots available. Please keep checking back or email QuitNS@ns.lung.ca and we will put you on our waiting list (and reach out when more spots become available).
*If you are unable to register online, please call our office at 902-443-8141 and we can assist you with registration
Note: Enrollment in QuitNS is limited to one (1) per person, and four (4) per household, within a 12-month period. Individuals who enroll in the QuitNS Program will not be eligible to re-enroll in the QuitNS program for a period of at least 12 months.
Want More Support?
For more support on quitting smoking, you can find additional resources HERE
For information on how to use the nicotine replacement therapy (NRTs), click HERE
QuitNS is an initiative of the Lung Association of Nova Scotia and has received funding support from: