Leave a lasting Legacy
The Lung Association of Nova Scotia has been operating in Nova Scotia for over 100 years. We work to help the 1 in 5 Nova Scotians living with lung disease. Our vision is a future where no one struggles to breathe.
A planned gift can provide hope and support to people affected by lung disease in Nova Scotia.
The advantages of planned giving:
- Tax advantages under current laws.
- Your giving can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances.
- Donation is made from assets, not current income.
- Gifts are planned today for distribution at some time in the future.
- Most of the gifts involve planning, however they are easy to arrange with your financial or estate advisor.
How you can give:
- Publicly Traded Securities – a way to make an immediate gift and eliminate capital gains tax owed
- Bequests – an easy way to reduce estate taxes and may increase inheritances to your loved ones
- Registered Assets – another way to significantly reduce the taxes owed by your estate
- Life Insurance – leverage the premium payments made today into a larger lasting legacy
- Annuities – a method to potentially increase your income and reduce taxes
Please let us know if you have provided for The Lung Association of Nova Scotia in your estate plans or partnered with The Lung Association to establish life-income or annuity gifts. Your personal circumstances will determine the best structure for you and your family and we will be glad to answer questions and offer suggestions confidentially.
Bequest wording available for download HERE